Hi! I'm Amber. I spent the last 8 years building products at Stripe and scaling our product engineering and financial infrastructure teams. I'm currently exploring something new!
Some (older) things I've written about:
- Building a 2D RPG in the browser
- Move fast, don't break your API
- Building Stripe's API
- Real-time search with MongoDB and Elasticsearch
- Paxos/Multi-paxos Algorithm
Some past projects:
- Runeborn — A 2D tactics RPG in the browser! (Not released yet.)
- Todidnt — A CLI for finding `TODO`s you always said you'd finish but haven't actually. Also, pretty graphs.
- Bombermen — An overnight hack to recreate the classic "Bomberman" game, WebGL and Node.js style.
- WebIDE — An 18-hour hackathon project to build a collaborative, real-time browser IDE (before real-time was easy!).
- CrowdDB — A research project and paper that explored shelling database queries out to crowdsourcing platforms (e.g. Mechanical Turk).